Wednesday, February 13, 2008

(was) At a loss for words



I took this picture to try to show how cold it was/is outside. I'd like to point a few things out:

  • Dead/bare tree
  • the green to brown ratio of the grass is depressingly low, probably below 1
  • nice cloud cover
  • next to no one

Yeah it was definately 34 degrees all day today. Quite depressing, but fitting. Don't bother asking, I'm going to tell you anyways.

So there are four certain people in the world and we shall call them ex-girlfriends. One is a little strange but an awesome friend, one is kinda distant but still cool, one I have recently made peace with, and the last one, the recent one, is the problem maker. Distance really puts a damper on a relationship, but only fuels animosity...I guess.

About a week ago I got a text from her saying she misses me. No particular reason; just an out-of-the-blue message. To put things into perspective, readers, I broke up with her. I have reasons for that, but they don't need be discussed right now, not unless this is a persistent problem. Well, today I practically get cussed out with texts by her saying that I'm such an a**hole and how f****** stupid I am (I gave up cussing for lent). She has this tactic of hers where she wants to think that I think she thinks I think of her as stupid, dumb, not worth it, etc. It's the same tactic I kind of got tired of in our relationship. Then, get this, if I don't respond promptly (about 3sec), she gets it into her mind that I actually do think of her like that. So I end up in this hole, corner, what have you where I'm left dumbfounded and speechless. I'm staying away from the drama queens from now on.

Does anyone else out there digg? It was semi-depressing on digg today too. The headlines were filled with the whole telecomm amnesty issue. Well, I'm not happy about it either, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say I feel ashamed to be an American. There are so many other things about living here that I like than those that I don't. Mary is proud to be an American, so I am too. And to be a little more realistic, I don't think we are headed for a fascist government. Seriously people, yellow journalism, have you heard of it?

The sun did make an appearance towards the end of today, which is also fitting. I'm currently in the process of setting up a lunch with the girl I've got a thing for (from now on we'll call her Lucy since I don't know any Lucys; confidentiality and all that jazz). Her class schedule for Fridays is actually quite atrocious; I coudn't deal with it. Anyways, I'm gonna need some luck for this. In all actuality I've never actually asked girl that I wasn't already going out with on a date. And if it's always like this I hope I find a girlfriend quick because its turning out to be quite nerve-racking, not to mention frustrating. Oh well, she should be worth it.

I didn't mean to post today, but there was so much interesting stuff going on. Oh, and if you haven't seen it, check out the turtle video. It isn't awesome, but if you think about the small fraction of baby sea turtles that actually make it to the water, it makes it slightly more meaningful...ish.

Happy Birthday Twins! Have fun partying it up in Texas. Miss y'all.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dog's name is lucy. i gave up fast food for lent. you need to come back to texas so we can hang out with carl s.